We have a range of employment opportunities at Te Puia and we look forward to your application's to join the team
Chef De Partie
TE PUIA • ROTORUA - BAY OF PLENTY , NEW ZEALAND
Experienced Chef de Partie required - Te Puia/NZMACI Rotorua
Te Puia/NZMACI is a successful tourism operation in Rotorua that welcomes thousands of New Zealand and overseas visitors to its operation each year. We currently have 4 venues on site:
- Te Whakaruruhau/Pohutu Cafe which caters for independant travellers, and and larger groups,
- Te Poari Restaurant which caters for inbound groups, functions as well as independant travellers,
- Te Puke a Ruahine which caters for small-medium groups, and,
- Ngararatuatara which caters for smaller groups.
We also cater for special events and functions.
We are looking for a Full Time Permanent Chef de Partie for an immediate start. Your responsibilities may include:
- Cook and prepare food as directed by the Executive Chef
- Present and serve food
- Assist in serving food to tables and buffet, where necessary
- Assist in replenshing buffets
- Impart knowledge and help train junior staff where necessary
- Any other duties as directed by the Executive Chef
- Plan menus in consultation with the Executive Chef
- Plan and assist with the organisation of special functions in conjunction with the Executive Chef.
- Minimum four years a la carte or banquet experience, preferably in a hotel or similar environment
- Good organisational skills with a high level of presentation
- A passion for cooking and creative flair
- Team player with the ability to work competently under pressure
- Flexible to work shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays
- Experience in supervising and motivating staff
- Good hygiene practices (food and personal)
- Highly personable
- Be physically fit
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with a high consideration given to someone who can speak more than one language.
- An understanding of Te Reo me ona tikanga also advantageous.
Being in the tourism industry, this role requires weekend work which is determined by a roster set in advance.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV through the link below or check out our website for more information on what we do: www.tepuia.com
View Job Description
View Application Form